Saturday 15 October 2011

Challenges...

You know, ever since I started making
jewelry, I never pushed myself very much..
I really thought that the fact I had been
100% self taught was a great challenge
by itself....

I began with simple wrapping...
then tried some more intricate wire wrapping..
and then I was fascinated with metals and fire..

But I never really challenged myself..
I never had the patience or the confidence I 
could make something outside my safety zone.
I never really tried my limits.
.
Don't get me wrong here.
I m really proud of what I have accomplished
so far..
But truth be told..I was afraid of failure.
I hate failing..in anything for that matter.
I have always been someone who 
would only try at anything with
a really low percentage of failure.

It seems I had forgotten that the most
important thing, is trying...
That, the best part is the journey..
And not the destination








With this pendant, I pushed myself.
It's been on my mind the last few months
but didn't have the guts to try it.
This time I did.
And I made it.
And I enjoyed every minute of this journey.
..the destination was lovely as well ;)

Jenny

15 comments:

  1. Tis a most beautiful pendant Jenny ~ you've excelled yourself ~ now no more worries about failing ~ because we all know you can do it!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you pushed your self, just look at the result, totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRAVA!!!! standing ovation here for you darling. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! So unique and really beautiful! Great work, and I bet it feels great to have moved beyond your usual work and to have accomplished these pieces! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's a good thing you didn't let it stop you this time or else you wouldn't have made such an awesome piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just need to have as much faith in yourself as the rest of us do, Jenny ;-)

    This is my absolute favourite creation of yours yet!!!

    -xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading your post was eerily familiar, it was as if I was reading my own thoughts, my own exact journey, but they were someone else's! I too am self taught, and believe me I've had my share of confidence deflating moments, but I've come a long way as you have and I keep pushing my limits. Keep going forward and creating beautiful pieces, you CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Sierra :)Yes, it feels really good...my fingers ache from sawing though! lol!
    Aloha sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louise, thank you so much..thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, I was this close to stopping!!lol..thank you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belinda sweetie, yes..it's all about trusting yourself more..it's about trying without caring if you will fail..thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...